Monday, March 27, 2006

And now for something completely different...

From time to time, I will be sharing my favorite recipes. This will accomplish two tasks. First, it will be an opportunity for you, my reader, to have options for tasty treats to bake all by yourself. And, secondly (and most importantly), when I can't find a recipe in my recipe box, I will have a copy in my blog archives. Ain't technology great!

The recipe I have chosen first is a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe from my friend Kim D. It is delicious served fresh from the oven while still warm and with a glass of cold milk (or goat's milk if you heart that better).

Caution: May contain peanuts.

PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups (that's 2 cups, plus 1/2 cup) flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package milk chocolate chips

THE HOW TO PART:

With a mixer (or a spoon and lots of elbow grease) mix the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla) until nice and creamy. It takes about 2 or 3 minutes.

Stir the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Then, stir the flour mixture into the butter/sugar mixture. Use a spoon for this part because overmixing will give you a tough cookie. And, nobody likes a tough cookie.

Finally, stir in the milk chocolate chips.

Place globs of dough on an ungreased cookie sheet. Leave an inch or two between globs. (Hint: an ice cream scoop with a lever dealie works great for making nicely shaped cookies)

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12 minutes or till done to your liking.

Enjoy!

That's it. I hope you like them. Let me know what you think!

And, be watching upcoming posts for: Michael W. Smith's Mother's Layered Salad (great for church and Scout pot luck dinners), Nikki's Camp Bars, Chris's Clam Chowder, Katie's 30 Minute Chicken Noodle Soup...)

2 comments:

The Colonel said...

the clam chowder is something Chris has yet to share with me. Maybe one day he will indulge my curiosity... or i'll just wait until you post about it ;o)

Nikki said...

Those cookies are gooooood...yummmm! I didn't yet have that recipe; thanks, mom! :)