Friday, October 24, 2008

On the Lighter Side

In mid-August, I was at the Bloomington Aquatic Center lounging by the pool and reading an Ikea catalog. I noticed a "text" contest and decided that I needed to learn how to "text". So, I entered the contest. It ended up being a "scavenger hunt" through the catalog where you would answer questions about a couch, or a desk, or a comforter. However, it turned into a never ending deal where they just kept asking me questions and I kept on answering at 20 cents for each item sent or received since we hadn't signed up for unlimited texting yet.
Anyhoo, I gave up at about $2 worth of texting and never thought about it again until last Thursday when I received a message from Ikea that they had to pull some more winners from their entries.
Lo and behold, I won the $1000 makeover. NOT! However, I did win a lovely $20 gift card which arrived on UPS express this afternoon and Mr. D and I will apply to the purchase of the bookshelf lamps that we hadn't gotten around to purchasing yet for our Billy bookshelves.
Wednesday, Mr. D and I got a quick bite to eat at Pei Wei. Here are our fortune cookies. He is about to enter a new and permanent relationship and I am about to have a change of luck. Hmmmmmmmm.

No comments: