Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Stranger Than Fiction

Last Saturday evening, Mr. D and I decided to head to the cinema. We chose Stranger Than Fiction and found it rather enjoyable. Although, my pet peeve is that the movie making people always have to have a liberal political agenda and the main couple has to sleep together minus the bonds of marriage. (I remember turning to Beth during "My Great Big Old Fat Greek Wedding" at one point and saying, "Hey, wait a minute, we missed the wedding part!") But, back to Saturday's movie.

It wasn't a Will Farrell comedy (no Elf!), but nevertheless it held our attention, had a clever plot, and gave us a couple laughs. It also made me hungry for milk and cookies.

I thought I would give you my review of the trailers.

First of all, the new Diane Keaton movie. Forget it.

Dreamgirls...Eddie Murphy, Beyonce, and Jamie Foxx...you can skip that one, too.

Apocolypto...the new Mel Gibson....too bloody for MamaD.

The Will Smith movie about the homeless dad and kid...too sad for MamaD.

So, what was just right for MamaD...this. Can't wait to see it at Christmas.

No comments: