Friday, August 29, 2008

Random thoughts on "THE SPEECH"

For all the hype and production, I thought the speech was rather dull. Maybe you had to be there to experience it.

My favorite part was when it was over and Brit Hume said something like, "The candidates and their good looking families have now left the stage."

The first question that comes to mind is this. "And, where are you going to get the money to fund your programs?" Please, please don't say by raising taxes on the so-called "wealthy".(See yesterday's post).

Next question, "When did it become illegal for gay people to visit their friends in the hospital?"

Also, what is the deal with all the expense of putting together such a big production with a fancy schmancy Hollywood set. What a waste of $$$. He could have just stood on a simple blue wedding cake, rather than a blue wedding cake with a Grecian temple/Oval Office facade behind him and donated the money saved to Bono for Africa. That would have impressed people while helping the plight of the poor and AIDS afflicted. A win-win situation.

One pet peeve is the wives. Where do they get their "outfits". Obviously, they are all very wealthy. I guess you can't be president unless you have a wife that has a different outfit for every event. My two dresses and three Eddie Bauer skirts pretty much assure that my husband will never be president. Sorry, hun.

Another observation. I don't think he mentioned 9-11. Did he mention 9-11? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

And one parting thought. Did anyone else look at that blue sign that encircled the stadium and see the words "OBAMA BIDEN" and upon seeing them read them as "Osama Bin Laden"? I did that twice!

So, now, when I refer to the ticket, I will call it the "Obama Bi(nla)den" ticket, just to be feisty because he didn't mention September 11th.

1 comment:

Teacher/Mom said...

I'm ROFLOL (rolling on floor laughing out loud) at that observation. How telling!