Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"The" Thanksgiving Cranberry Jell-O™ Salad

I am posting this recipe so that next year when I need it, I won't have to call Mom and Carol since I seem to misplace it every year and they have the original recipe in the family archives. It has been served on our Thanksgiving table since the early 1960's and will continue to be part of that tradition forever. Not sure which Johnson twin came up with it first, but it's a keeper.

Cranberry Jell-O™ Salad
1 pkg. raspberry Jell-O™
1 cup boiling water
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
2 bananas, diced
1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped

Dissolve the Jell-O™ in the boiling water. Add the can of cranberry sauce and stir until it dissolves. Put in fridge and let thicken slightly, then stir in the bananas and walnuts. Pour in your favorite mold and enjoy.

Note to self: I double this and put it in the green Tupperware™ mold.

Second note to self: Buy bananas early in the week because if you try to buy them the day before Thanksgiving™ all the bananas will be green.

2 comments:

Wally Family said...

Do you need bananas? We have some! Call me!

Linda said...

Actually, I was so worried about it that I bought three bunches on Sunday! There was one year when I couldn't find a ripe banana anywhere so now I overbuy! Plus, who doesn't like a banana! Thanks for the offer though. Love you.