Sunday, December 07, 2008

MWS Christmas

Mr. D took me to the Michael W. Smith concert tonight. Okay, so I bought the tickets before I asked him if he wanted to go, but he agreed to come with. Isn't he the best? I was able to secure two seats in the front row at the X-cel Center. The best way to get front row seats is to join the fan club. So, I did.Michael (and everyone else) pretty much sang right to us. Interestingly enough, in this shot you will see not only Michael, but Diane Kogle. We ran into her this morning at Starbuck's and next thing we knew, she was walking out onstage with her cello. There's Michael and right behind him is Diane.
Here is Diane as she is walking off stage after the concert.
As we were leaving, George Huff was also leaving. We had been having a discussion about what year George was on American Idol and LeeAnne (who we always see at every MWS concert because she and Debbie Smith were roommates at college) decided to run over and ask him. He was very nice. Kept telling everyone thank you for coming and Merry Christmas! It was year three, in case you were wondering.
After that, it was off to Cafe Latte for dessert. Yum-O! Thanks for taking me, Mr. D and thanks for letting me join the fan club. Do you think Bobby Sherman will be in town any time soon?

2 comments:

Wally Family said...

Fun! I could have told you George Huff was on year 3 -- he was our pick to win it (but he came in 5th and Fantasia won. Bah.) Glad you had a nice time!

Crazy mom said...

Bobby Sherman. Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I had such a crush on him when I was a kid...

Barb