Friday, April 17, 2009

Susan Boyle vs. Elaine Paige

Everyone must have already heard of Susan Boyle. I think Katie even saw it live on the T & V set in London. I first read of Susan on the Crunchy Cons blog. In her little speech at the beginning she mentions Elaine Paige, so I Googled. I love Google.

Elaine Paige. British musical theatre actress. I love wikipedia!

Thought you might want to compare the two and see if Susan Boyle is like Elaine Paige since she said she wanted to be.

Here's Elaine Paige singing "I Dreamed a Dream".

And now, Susan Boyle.

I gave you the link to the full clip, but when I read the Crunchy Cons article on Susan Tuesday night, the site I originally saw it on had 2 million views. When I showed it to Mr. D the next day, it had 8 million views, yesterday afternoon when Nikki, Beth, Tim, and I watched it, it was at 12 million views, and it currently has almost 19 million views.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Aww, I hope you didn't think my Susan Boyle mini rant was directed towards you! I love her... I was just mad at all the boo-ers! Anyway, I'll have to read your links. See you later!

Linda said...

Ha, ha. Not at all. I loved your mini-rant and agreed with it. I think the best part of the story is that she was a loving, caring person and put her talent "on hold" to care for her parents. The second best part is that Hollywood/London West End types are jerks and it's nice to see them wrong.

You can't judge a book by its cover. However, if you purchase your covers through the Dugan Design Group you will get a great cover...

Crazy mom said...

Linda,
IMO Susan is WAY better than Elaine and now WAY more famous. As a Les Miserables addict, I think Susan sang the song much better and with more feeling. There you have it.

Oh and Simon is full of it when he says that he knew she was going to be surprised.