Tuesday, June 20, 2006

HCTB not TCBY

Here Come the Brides (the first season) is now out on DVD!

What is Here Come the Brides, you ask?

"Only the best TV show ever created," answers 9th grade Linda.

Every Friday evening in 1969, my friend Dawn would come over to my house. We would make snacks at 6:00 to be ready for the 7:00 to 8:00 hour that HCTB was on.

Then, the channel was switched and we watched Dawn's favorite show from 8:00 till 9:00. That show was, of course, Star Trek.

After that, in the 9:00 hour it was none other than "Love, American Style". (Mostly because there wasn't anything else on that interested us!)

Why did I like HCTB so much?

Because of this guy...

3 comments:

The Colonel said...

So is it odd that I watched ALF because I loved the 3 foot furry alien? Comparing that and your reasons for your favorite show I suddenly am made out to be kind of creepy

Linda said...

Hmmm, I guess it's not that odd...what's not to like about a furry 3 foot alien?

When I think of ALF, I think of Dawn's husband Greg because that was his favorite show (although it was on at least a decade after HCTB). I don't think I ever watched ALF all the way through...do you think I would enjoy it if I did?

Cox said...

Without meaining to offend(in a pomo kind of aside), the guy from HCTB kinda looks like a 3-foot furry alien.