Saturday, January 06, 2007

Caluiflower and Mark Twain


I think it's time to move on to a post that doesn't have the word "peeing" in it. While I was watching Rachel Ray make a pasta sauce out of mashed cauliflower, she offered the following Mark Twain quote. This, of course got me a googlin' (MamaD and the google search--a deadly combination) "Mark Twain quotes" and I came up with a few more for your reading pleasure.

Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.


"Be yourself" is about the worst advice you can give to people.

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

Soap and education are not as sudden as a massacre, but they are more deadly in the long run.

Substitute damn every time you're inclined to write very; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.

The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.

To succeed in life you need two things: ignorance and confidence.

Do something every day that you don't want to do; this is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain.

Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.

Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read.

It takes your enemy and your friend, working together to hurt you: the one to slander you and the other to get the news to you.

And, finally, how many of you knew that Mr. Twain is credited with the next quote?

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Those are great. Scott and I died laughing.

Jeremy said...

Haha, those are awesome! I was laughing damn hard... err, very hard... err, hard. Laughing hard.