Monday, October 22, 2007

Bemidji

We went to Bemidji this weekend.
We've done this for the past three years.
This was the view from our hotel window.
That's Lake Bemidji, a stop off point for the Mississippi River.

We do lots of things in Bemidji.
We put our feet up and eat.
We play games and one of them is usually Monopoly.
Tim always wins.
This is Tim with his corner of the board.
Perhaps you can see why he wins.
Missing from this photo is the secret of his success.
He never purchases a house or hotel unless he has set aside a separate stash to cover those Chance and Community Chest cards that require you to pay taxes on your houses and hotels.
We like the Arcade there.
I like it because it has Ms. Pacman.
Beth won this cheerleader bear in the crane machine and it only cost her $100. (JK)
We swam in the pool.
The kids practiced their synchronized swimming routine.
The sauna and hot tub were a relaxing treat, as well.
We did a puzzle.
We always try to do a puzzle when we stay someplace for at least 3 days.
550 pieces in one day.
It had a Fall theme since I couldn't find a puzzle of Bemidji at the Walmart where we always go after some "fine dining" at Applebees.
Note the Fall theme.
We watched two movies.
One was The Simpsons Movie (purchased through the hotel).
The other one was Elf.
We had ginormous fun watching both of them.
Here's one of my favorite scenes from Elf.
It's the "World's Best Cup of Coffee" scene.
In addition, we drank gallons of hot chocolate, herbal tea,
regular tea, and coffee.

And, we read and read.
I read three books.
Okay, really I only read two books
and finished one that Terry and I had started.

I read Lucky Man by Michael J. Fox.
It's his autobiography and it's pretty good.

That was my Friday book.
My Saturday book was Prince Caspian.
That's always a good read.
On the drive home, Terry and I finished reading The Man in the Brown Suit by Agatha Christie. We had started it on the drive on the way home from Crosslake for Erin and David's wedding on Labor Day weekend, but still had 150 pages to go when we pulled in the driveway and September got away from us. It's a fun read and I think would make a great movie. There is a 1989 TV movie of it I learned,
but I think it should be on the big screen.

And that was our fun weekend.
The end.

2 comments:

Wally Family said...

OK, now I don't feel so embarrassed about listening to the "Lucky Man" book on CD this summer. I thought it was pretty good, too, for the most part. Plus since it was read by the author, by the end of it I felt like Michael J Fox was literally in the car with me. THat was kind of weird.

Also, synchronized swimming looks fun.

Wally Family said...

that was Nikki posting, not babywally. :)