Tuesday, October 09, 2007

What Was "The Prez" Thinking?

You know me. I love the Prez. I voted for him twice. The last time I worked mucho phone banks on his behalf where I heard lots of interesting words when I called people who were Kerry supporters. I even touched him and Terry took the photo to prove it.

So, perhaps you can understand my dismay when I read that he said this:

See, I believe there is a universal God. I believe the God that the Muslim prays to is the same God that I pray to. After all, we all came from Abraham. I believe in that universality.


Please, George, say it ain't so, take back, or clarify your comments that appear on the White House web page.

Sigh.

And, thank you Cal Thomas for speaking some truth into this.

1 comment:

terryd said...

Oh dear. And no, (on a technicality of much less importance), "we" didn't all come from Abraham either, many of us are non-semitic Europeans. Unless he's referencing the finer points of Romans 4, in which faith in Christ is the means to bringing non-Jews into the family of Abraham. But that spiritual definition would exclude Muslims, so I don't know what he is thinking. Where are the much-vaunted devout Christian speech-writers and advisors when we need them?