Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Memories

Christmas week started with a marathon afternoon of cookie baking. Before the day was over, we had made sugar cookies, gingerbread boys, and candy cane cookies. Chris stopped by on his lunch break, donned my apron, and rolled the sugar cookie dough.
All Dugan children participated in the event.
I wonder why Katie's body is missing and her head is on the counter.

The sugar cookies turned out lovely, don't you think?
As did the gingerbread boys.
On Sunday evening we had our annual Kapala Christmas event at the Kapala's house this year. As always, I brought the Christmas crackers and everyone wore their crowns.
Even Ann, Greg, and Terry.
Here are the kids coming into the living room to see what Santa left for them under the tree. No lumps of coal this year, as they have been nice and not naughty.
Mark, Nikki, and Will joined us later in the morning to see what Santa had brought them. Please don't ask me about Mark and Will's stockings, they will be ready by New Years, I promise. I'll bet ya $100.
The Christmas cake I mentioned in a previous post.
It was Mark's mom's 60th birthday,
so Todd (Mark's brother) and the fam came up from Ames to surprise her.
She was surprised.

Christmas Day dinner. More Christmas crackers. Don't we look festive?
The birthday girl and her kids and grandkids.
In the evening, as always, the Honeybaked ham materialized at 6:00 and people arrived to pay games, mingle, and nibble on treats.
The game in the dining room was Apples to Apples.

Here are some people mingling and nibbling on treats.
A new game was being played in the living room. Sort of a telephone like game involving drawing and writing descriptions of what was drawn.
Very fun.

And that was our Christmas. Now, if you'll excuse me,
I think I'll take a nap.

1 comment:

prairierose said...

What's with the crowns?