Monday, October 16, 2006

The Weekend

1. Friday nights are rapidly becoming "Friday Night at the Movies". This week it was Waiting for Guffman. "Everybody dance!" Love that line...and I always think of Amanda K (now in England) who was watching it downstairs with Katie and Becky B a couple years ago and I remember being upstairs and hearing the laughter reverberate throughout the house!

2. Saturday afternoon was Lexi's bridal shower. Lots of laughter and good food...a great combination!

3. Saturday evening, Terry and I decided to head to the Mall of America, grab a bite to eat and use some valuable coupons that I had. We decided to eat at Wolfgang Puck's...tasty, cheap (sort of) and fast food. As we walked in, I looked at a guy sitting at a table by the door with what appeared to be a wife and kid. He looked really familiar. Really, really famliar, but not the kind of familiar that you say hi to familiar. Then, it came to me and I said to Terry, "Is that Governor Pawlenty?" Sure enough, we ate dinner with the governor. Okay, so we just plopped down at the table next to him and said nothing...just gawked. His wife (who is a judge) was chatting with some lady with twins who wasn't as restrained as we were and actually interrupted their dinner. Then, as they left, the daughter (about 10-ish I would say) jumped up on her dad's back and he gave her a piggy back ride! Awwww, how sweet.

4. Now, back to the valuable coupons. I signed up for e-mail coupons at Bath and Body works last week and received one for a free (up to $7.50 in value) Bigelow lip gloss with purchase. I bought a $2.50 American Girl comb and chose the free pale pink tint lip gloss.

Next valuable coupon was a $20 rewards certificate from Gap. Since it was also honored at Old Navy, we chose to spend it there. They had a great sale going (75% off polos). Got two for Tim and 2 for Terry (at $3.97 each!). Picked up a pair of "Halloween" pajama pants (they had Halloween candy all over them) for Katie, just for fun (Beth and I had shopped for her on Wednesday, so don't worry, she wasn't left out). And, Terry bought a "western shirt" with a small rosebud print. He said, "Should I get this?" And I said, "No, it's a Western shirt with a small rosebud print!" He said, "But I like it, I'm getting it." I said, "Okay!" He wore it to church (Grace) yesterday and it looked nice, really artsy, but I'm not telling him that.

Then, it was on to Sunglass Hut, but my $20 birthday "gift" card doesn't expire till the end of the month. Sunglass Hut sends you a $20 gift card on your birthday because they know that you can't buy a pair of sunglasses under $80!

After that it was to Nordstrom. While I picked up some make-up at the Estee Lauder counter, Terry browsed the shoe department for a pair of "princess" slippers (for his wife Bonnie?!). Actually, he was looking for a pair for a photo shoot for a bookcover TDD is doing. Found a couple of options, but made no purchase.

5. Mom and Carol came over for chili last night. That was fun.

So, all in all it was a fun weekend!

3 comments:

The Colonel said...

I checked out after #3... sorry, but as soon as I saw bath and body works and lip gloss my mind just drifted ;o)

Linda said...

Hey, no fair, I have made it through your entire life history (at least up to part V) thus far. I think the least you could do is move on past Bath and Body Works...if you did, you would learn that there is a great sale at Old Navy!

The Colonel said...

i'm glad I came back because I am an Old Navy fan. I apologize for skipping out but to be fair I'm only covering about a 10 year span.