Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Deaf Lady

Anyone remember the Fawlty Towers episode where the deaf lady thinks her money has been stolen and Basil wins some money on Flying Tart, I mean, Dragonfly, who got off to a flying start? And then at the end it all falls apart when the vase breaks?

Well, Terry had kind of a Basil moment yesterday.

I called him in the morning and he mentioned that he had just received an unexpected, quick turn around design job that paid $500 that he could have done by the end of the day. Wow, what a blessing!

As soon as I got off the phone with him, I called Blue Cross to make sure my new hand therapist at Tria (this is a whole different blog post) was an "in-service" provider. In passing, I mentioned something about our $5,250 deductible for the year being met, and she said, "Your policy just renewed on April 1st and the deductible for the year increased to $5,750.

So, the cost of the old wrist repair increased $500 on April 1st, and we had no idea, but soon will be getting $500 more in bills.

I called Terry back and told him and he said that for one brief moment, like Basil, he was ahead. Then, someone broke the vase....or in this case, the wrist.

But I still say about the $500 in work that came in yesterday, wow, what a blessing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Delightful story with an even better arcane cultural reference! I love FT!