Monday, April 23, 2007

TP and SC

As Ms. Crow is jetting all over the US of A speaking out for the environment (and burning more fossil fuel in an month than I will use in my lifetime), she has come up with some great ideas.

Here's one.

Crow said: (4/19, Springfield, Tenn.): I have spent the better part of this tour trying to come up with easy ways for us all to become a part of the solution to global warming. Although my ideas are in the earliest stages of development, they are, in my mind, worth investigating. One of my favorites is in the area of forest conservation which we heavily rely on for oxygen. I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don't want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required.

Now, before you get all angry about our Senators and Congresspersons, passing legislation on how many toilet paper squares a person could use (don't worry, I have an idea for 10 ply TP that would allow for using only one square), you need to keep in mind that one of Al Gore's legacies was the low volume flushing toilet which, you have probably noticed, can only handle one square of TP.

Mr. D., years ago, started calling our toilets the Algore. Just a little Monday morning FYI for you.

2 comments:

terryd said...

...from the same "bus blog"...

Crow (4/19): "This next idea I have been saving but I will share it with you if you promise not to steal it. It is my latest, very exciting idea for creating incentive for us all to minimize our own personal carbon footprints. It's a reality show. (I feel pretty certain NO ONE has thought of this yet!) Here is the premise: the contest consists of 10 people who are competing for the top spot as the person who lives the "greenest" life. This will be reflected in the contestant's home, his business, and his own personal living style. The winner of this challenging, prestigious, contest would receive what??. . . . a recording contract!!!!!"

"what??" indeed. Is this a joke? Or another example of Hollywood's breath-taking insularity and narcissism? A recording contract???? Maybe a new hybrid car...

Linda said...

I hadn't read that one.

Does Ms. Crow think all Americans can sing?

Guess she's never heard me!

Although, this might be the opportunity to record "New York, New York" that I have been waiting for.

I enjoyed reading about her new line of clothing with the removable sleeve so you could wipe your face on your sleeve and then just replace your sleeve with a new clean sleeve.

Apparently Ms. Crow has never heard of the cloth napkin. It's a little more civil than wiping your spaghetti face on your sleeve.