Friday, May 04, 2007

Please Don't Eat the Pansies

Dear eater of my pansies,

Two weeks ago, I purchased a flat of lovely pansies from Wagner's Greenhouse. It was a beautiful spring day and I managed to plant a whole flat of pansies. Purples, blues, yellows, oranges, and whites (Mr. D tells me to always put a little white in the mix and it will make things pop!) I noticed yesterday that several of the pansies in the planter by our front door have been eaten.

Now, I know that a pansy is an edible flower, but I want to point out to you, dear pansy eater, that they are not your flowers. They are mine. I have chosen not to eat them (although I did try one the other day and found it tasted like eating a leaf), but rather to look at them, so please leave them alone.

I don't know who you are. Perhaps you are Mr. Bunny who I have seen in the front yard. Or, perhaps you are Calico Cat who Mr. D saw sitting by the planter last evening. If you are the wandering cat with the bell, I would like to point out to you that my girls have left you milk in the past and would be happy to do that again. Just ask. Or, maybe you are Chip or Dale, the little chipmunks who reside in the wood pile by the back patio.

Whoever you are, please stop eating my pansies.

Thank you,
MamaD


No comments: