Monday, February 23, 2009

Rod Dreher

I really need to add the Rod Dreher link to my site. I'll put that on the "To-do" list.

In the meantime, go ahead and read this link to see his comments on Bill Maher at the Oscars last night.

Then, while you are at it, read this nice piece on William F. Buckley that Rod linked. It was written by his son Christopher on the one year anniversary of WFB's death.

Here's a little taste from the Buckley piece.
My father was a man of devout, unflinching, sometimes exasperating Catholic faith. He believed absolutely in heaven and hell. I lost (or misplaced) my faith, but I find myself on this anniversary hoping that I’m wrong, and that he’s there, correcting God’s grammar. I have on my desk an editorial cartoon showing him arriving at the Pearly Gates, St. Peter whispering to an angel, “I’m going to need a bigger dictionary.”

No comments: