Friday, April 14, 2006

Old Linda

There is a new TV show called "Old" Christine, but I would like to tell a tale of "Old" Linda and "Old" Terry.

Thursday morning, on my way to Terry's office, I decided to stop by Caribou for a morning beverage. When I walked into our local coffee shop, I scanned the room, as I always do to see if I knew anyone.

Much to my surprise, I saw Terry. Or, did I?

Over by the fireplace, reading a newspaper was a man who resembled my husband...only he was about 15 years older...."Old" Terry. At first, I was mortified to think that my husband, who to me hasn't aged a bit since we were married, looked so old.

Then, I began to wonder whether or not it really was him. So, I did the only thing I could think to do. Turned my back to the fireplace and ordered a medium skim mocha and a medium latte.

Having done this, I realized that if it truly was Terry, I had just wasted 3 bucks on a latte. So, I positioned myself by the "PiCup" bar to wait for the tasty beverges to materialize and also to get a better, but hidden view of the man by the fireplace.

It didn't help a bit because he had Terry's exact profile. Same hair style and color, same glasses. He also had a black polar fleece jacket and jeans. My Terry has those. And, as he read, he had the paper in the same way my Terry holds books as he reads.

What was I to do?

Of course, I did the only rational thing. I grabbed my drinks and headed for the parking lot having perhaps just dissed my husband of 29 years. I decided that if our Sable was in the parking lot, I would go back in. If not, I would high tail it out of there.

Since there was no Sable in the lot, I took the beverages to the office where my real husband, "Young" Terry, was, busy at work.

Lookin' younger than ever.

And, that is the tale of Old Linda.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

I think I've seen Old Terry too! Not joking... as I read that post I faintly remember seeing Old Terry somewhere. Maybe it was at the PiCup counter, or maybe at Target, or maybe at... I don't know.

Who are you, Old Terry, and why do you haunt us?

Linda said...

So, maybe, "Old" Terry should be a category in your post entitled "That Guy".