Monday, August 14, 2006

My Favorite Twin


My new favorite Twin is Josh Rabe, Number 11.

We have been following him for a few years as he came up through the ranks in the MN Twins Farm teams and were happy when he was finally "rekanized" last month and is an official Twin! Yea, for Josh!

The reason we have been following him is because he is from a small town in Illinois, just northeast of Quincy and only a few miles from Coatsburg, IL where my dad was born and raised.

My cousin Dianne lives just down the road from his family, so, for fun, I decided to go to the Twins Pro Shop in Minnetonka last Saturday because my sister told me Josh was there signing autographs and I was late in mailing my cousin Dianne her birthday card.

There was only one kid ahead of Terry and me in line and when he was done getting his mitt signed, I placed a birthday card on the table and the "guy" with Josh who was doing the logging (I had no idea each autograph was logged and authenticated) was amused when he saw the birthday card.

I said, "Would you please sign this for my cousin Dianne who lives in Lima."

And, Josh said, "Actually, I know her. She lives five minutes down the road!" Then, he turned to the guy and said, "You don't have to authenticate this, I know her!"

I have no idea why he would have made that comment, but was very impressed that my cousin got special attention.

Josh wrote on her card, "Dianne (and even spelled her name correctly with two "n's"), Met some of your family. Josh Rabe

So, when Josh is the next Babe Ruth, my cousin Dianne will have a birthday card from his rookie year!

Go Josh!

1 comment:

The Colonel said...

I like Mr. Rabe too. He's really pulled his weight since he was called up. Go Twins!