Thursday, August 03, 2006

Water, Water, Water...

The English poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge wrote The Rime of the Ancient Mariner in 1797-1799. Thank you Wikipedia.

My dad used to quote it. Back in the day they used to have you memorize old poems, but then they weren't as old then as they are now.

Anyhoo, we will forgive Mr. Coleridge for not knowing how to spell rhyme and thank him for the line "Water, water everywhere, nor any drop to drink," because it reminds me of my day, my entire day, yesterday. For a better post about that, go to www.xanga.com/kentuckyducky

And, the "water, water, water" story? That's for a different post. Someday.

5 comments:

Linda said...

One more thing.

I had a dream last night that I was getting baptized. Do you think there is a connection here?

Mindy said...

I think the "Water, water, water, water, water" story needs to be shared with the world. Tonight.

Linda said...

I need to find the photo documentation firset.

Linda said...

Firset?

KrisWill said...

Sorry to break it to you, but Coleridge is obviously smarter than you are. He might have forgiven you though. He was using a pun when he used the word "rime" instead of "rhyme".