Thursday, March 22, 2007

Mind Your P's & Q's

I was giving announcements at Co-op today. During announcement time we also pray, do the Pledge of Allegiance, and lately we have been working on "The Gospel Alphabet".

"The Gospel Alphabet" is on a little card I received from Samaritan's Purse last year. Each letter of the alphabet stands for a word that begins a Bible verse.

For example, "A" stands for "all' and the verse is "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." "B" is "behold". The verse is "Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world."

We were going through the letters and when we got to the letter "D", I said to the students. "Does anyone know the "d" word?" As soon as I said it I saw Barb in the back snickering. I was really glad that her snickering got me to rephrase my little Bible memory exercise before I said, "Does anyone here know the "f" word?"

And, those innocent children did know the "D" word. It was "draw".

Draw near to God and he will draw near to you.

No comments: