Monday, March 24, 2008

10 Things

I've been tagged by Molly and I feel so special. Here's the game as I understand it. I am to come up with a list of 10 things that people might not know about me. Then, I am supposed to "tag" 10 of my friends and they are to do the same thing. Here's my list:

10 Things People Might Not Know About Me


1. In Blaine, MN on September 16, 2004 around noon, I touched President Bush. (I was at a rope line, he was walking by, I had my hand up in the air to shake his hand, he was about to pass by withouth shaking mine, so I quickly touched his pointer finger so I wouldn’t miss the moment). Terry took a photo of this momentous event.

2. I played the flute for 5 years.

3. I like to bake and wish I had more time to do it. I love baking cookies.

4. I love to wrap gifts. My ideal career choice would be gift wrapper at a department store.

5. This is a scary one. When I was 18, I was walking alone to Walter Library at the U of M from my dorm (Comstock Hall). I took the outside stairs on the west end of Coffman Union and when I got to the top of the stairs a guy jumped out of the bushes, blocked my path, and held a large shiny butcher knife at his side. It gleamed in the October moonlight. I pretended not to notice the knife, calmly said, “Oh, excuse me,” and took off running. I sat at the library all by myself for two hours and followed a group back to the dorm. I should have called the police, but was too scared.

6. I cry during movies. I cried three times during Elf.

7. I have been homeschooling for 21 years. I still feel slightly guilty when someone asks me what I do and I say I am a teacher because I don’t have an official degree.

8. I had three declared majors at the U of M. They were: Elementary Ed., Journalism, and I finally settled on Nutrition and Dietetics. I never graduated (although I have plenty of credits, I never did an internship), but I do use all three majors daily (I teach, I cook, I blog)!

9. My favorite place in the whole wide world is being at home with my family. My second favorite place in the whole wide world is being on Sanibel Island in Florida with my family.

10. Finally, I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.

And now I tag: Nikki, Katie, Beth, Holly, Nedra, Diane, Mindy, Michelle, Reesha, and Cari.

2 comments:

Katie Dugan said...

That's not fair, I already knew all of those things.

Holly said...

Thanks for tagging me (it was me, right?) I did my list on my blog!