Saturday, March 15, 2008

How Long Will It Take?



I was just wondering how often Mr. D reads my blog and thought this post would give me the answer since there is no way that he will not have a comment after he sees what I have found through a Google search! Be sure and scroll down when you get to the link.

Yes, Mr. D, it's the second of your two albums, the one where Teres asked me what I was going to do after I graduated from college and I said, "I'm going to marry him," as I pointed to your funky back album cover photo. The only problem, of course, was we hadn't really met yet! So, in a sense this is the album that brought us together.

I'll bet you didn't know that your album had been reviewed by a 60 year old guy from East Randolph, NY.

He sums up the album nicely in his review.

The New Village Singers are a friendly easy-going folk foursome that bring to mind the music of The Seekers. Listen Everybody debuts with sharp production emphasizing clean vocal harmonies, jangly guitars and crisp rhythms. Nice arrangements mix in flute, harmonica or piano where needed, all the while making sure the folk edge isn’t sacrificed for easy listening or MOR. They seem particularly fond of Love Song, covering five of their songs over the two albums. In fact New Birth opens up with ‘Since I Opened Up The Door’, revealing some of their newly introduced Jesus music country twang. The beat is set aside a few times for some pure acoustic tunes including renditions of ‘Love Song’ (the Elton John one) and Debbie Kerner’s ‘Behold, I Stand At The Door’. Good soothing stuff that isn’t gonna hurt anybody.

Just what is a "jangly guitar" anyhoo? And, do you take lessons to learn "the newly introduced Jesus music country twang"? Not only did this fellow find your music soothing and "uninjurious" to the listeners, but anonymous commenter said, this is "d*** fine music." I know how much you love anonymous bloggers, Mr. D!

I'm sure the other NVS members will be equally thrilled by this review. I just hope that people don't get you mixed up with the New Main Street Singers!



And, one other thing. If the vinyl is going for $150 a pop on eBay, what do you suppose a case or two of the 8 tracks that we have in the garage will bring in on eBay?

Apparently, "Listen Everybody" is a little easier to find, since it only goes for $9.99 on eBay. Go figure. And, our friendly reviewer discovered it also. I see that he says:
Please support the artists by buying any reissues that may become available. I will only post albums that are currently out of print and most likely will never be back in print.
Maybe we could get a little cash on the side by selling CDs of both. What do you think?

3 comments:

prairierose said...

Hey! I have those albums, too. Maybe I could see mine as well???

prairierose said...

That was supposed to be "sell" not see.

terryd said...

OK, I'm here. I'm still friendly and easy-going(?) and I still can't get enough of jangly guitars. If that album brought us together, as far as I'm concerned, it's already silver and on it's way to Gold! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
—Love,
Mr.D