Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Pick a Pile

Last night, in my random blogging, I visited a blog called "Biblical Womanhood" or something like that and ran across a little game that the blogger had invented called "Pick a Pile". The way it works is that you look around your house and find a pile of stuff that needs work. You photograph it before you begin and after you are finished dealing with it. Then, you share your "Before and After" photos with the world, your house is one pile cleaner, you feel really special, and are one baby step more organized.

I liked this idea and had recently been inspired by niece Michelle's post on her "lumps" of clothes and decided that I should join in the fun. So, I am inviting you all to play the game that is the latest rage: Pick a Pile.


Here 's how it will work. Choose a pile, take a photo before, neaten it up, then take an after photo and post it on your blog. If you don't have a blog, don't worry, you can send me your before and after photos and I will post them for you. If you don't have a digital camera, just describe your pile in my comment section...you know, how it looked before and how it looks now.

I began the game last night when I walked in the Living Room and, much to my horror, saw this.
40 minutes later, I saw this.
I decided to try the game again this morning when I looked at the area at the top of the stairs and saw this.
Less than a half hour later, I saw this.
My next pile is the hallway. This game should keep me occupied for a few weeks, since my whole house is pretty much lots of piles. Wish me luck, and if you decide to play the game, don't forget to share your before and after photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! I missed the game. I need to start soon ;)