Friday, January 02, 2009

2008 In Review

2008, how do you sum up a whole year? If you are watching the movie Pirates of the Caribbean while uploading photos, and don't mind waiting for them to materialize, you can sum it up quite nicely in pictures. January started out with some lovely snow. Nothing like a flash photo of snow falling at night time.Late February, or was it early March, Delia and Hunter had birthdays, so we had a party. Someone thought it would be great to get a photo of the younger guests. That worked out well, didn't it?
Grandma got some snuggle time in March.
Nikki had a birthday. So we had a party.
Mr. D won a major award.
April found Beth reading lots of Betsy and Tacy books.
Will came over and we put him in a pink chair, just because it seemed cozy and cute.
In May, Indiana Jones came out and 10 of us went to the midnight show. We ate Dots. That was fun.
Katie turned 20. So, we had a party and took a photo.
In June, Chris had a birthday, so we had a party and took a photo.
July 4th we went to see the fireworks on Lake Minnetonka, put on the glow necklaces, and made silly faces. Just like everyone does on the 4th.
The next day we went to Brit's Pub for dinner.
Tim got some Will time.
So did Chris.
Mr. D multi-tasked.
We spent a lot of summer time here on the grassy area by the city pool.
I had a birthday in August and my mommy made me a cake. My favorite. Confetti angel food with pink frosting.
On my actual birthday, we went to Yum! for supper. Yum-O!

The girls bonded.


Nikki sang at the State Fair.
Will really enjoyed his mommy's songs.
I always make Mr. D pose by this sign. He always obliges.
Mr. D and I went back to the State Fair for a little date. Just the two of us. We ate a tub of Sweet Martha's cookies and drank an Americano from Java Jive.
Beth started 8th grade and posed for the annual photo on the front steps in September.
Mr. D had a birthday so we had a party and took a photo.
Will had a birthday, so we had a party and took a photo.

The paparazzi showed up to take the photo.
In October we took our annual trip to Bemidji. We stopped by Treasure City. Tim did this.
We walked from the hotel to Paul Bunyan.

We shook hands with Todd Palin, the first dude.
Katie won the Monopoly game.
We discovered Trader Joe's frozen Macaroni and Cheese. Tasty.
I won a major award.
The kids carved pumpkins.
Tim and Beth had birthdays, so we had a party and took a photo. I bought a new pumpkin colored sweater that I wore to the party.
We went to Ali and Adam's wedding in November. Mr. D found his long lost red suspenders. Sigh.
I wore my new pumpkin sweater on Thanksgiving.
In December it snowed. It was about 11:00 at night and we decided that the blue spruce that Mr. D transplanted in the spring needed to be decorated. So, we decorated it.
We went to the Mall of America for the annual Christmas shopping spree. Mr. D took Will to the Department 56 store to see all the little magical moving things. They bonded.
We did our annual lunch at The Rainforest Cafe.
We put up the traditional Christmas decorations. Doesn't everyone decorate with a porcelain tin soldier and a Michael W. and Dwight Schrute bobblehead?
We were very blessed in 2008.

4 comments:

Crazy mom said...

It looks like you pretty much spent 2008 having parties.

Glad you had a great year!

Holly said...

Basically your family is my role model for living... Helps to take the dread out of my babies growing up to think we could do fun things like that too!

Great pictures and so happy!

Linda said...

I suppose the next post has to be the photos I didn't choose. You know, like the "pick a piles" I never got to, but managed to take the before picture!

I like it that in the blog world, I can make my life perfect and one big year long party!

prairierose said...

It was fun to scroll through a year in your life... please tell me more about those big awards!!