Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Why I Felt Like Weeping When Obama Got Sworn In

A week ago, Obama became our president. Tom Brokaw wept. So, did George Stephanopoulos. And I suppose Chris Matthews again had "tingles" run up and down his legs. Many people wept last week.

I was sad. I was sad because I knew what he was going to do, first thing, because it was something he had pledged. He was going to sign an executive order allowing foreign aid money go to fund foreign abortions.

It's bad enough that abortion is legal. Horrific, in fact. It's worse that US taxpayer's money goes to fund some. It's worse yet when we are paying for worldwide abortions.

I'm told nearly 2 million people gathered in DC last Tuesday. To put this horror into perspective, picture all those people gathered. Now, imagine all those gathered being legally killed (some at taxpayer expense) just because someone didn't want them around. Now, have another 2 million gather the next 25 days--most of February. And, each day allow them to be legally killed. That would be 50,000,000.

Our country has allowed that. If you don't feel like weeping about that, then something is wrong with you.

No comments: