Sunday, January 18, 2009

A New Game For All to Play

In some random blog reading, I heard about a new game and thought you might like to play it. It's a movie game and here's how it works.

I choose 15 of my favorite movies, head to IMDB, look up the movie, go to the quotes section, choose a quote, and post the quote. You, read the quote, and see how many movies you can correctly identify from the quote. You can't go to IMDB or do any Googling cuz that would be cheating.

The first person to identify the movie by commenting on the post is the only one who gets the credit. The person who identifies the most movies will win nothing, but will have the satisfaction of knowing that they share my taste in movies.

Let's play. The first one will be easy, just to get you started.

1. "You're Abe Froman?" ,"That's right, I'm Abe Froman.", "The Sausage King of Chicago?"

2. "I'm going to get eucalyptus candles cuz it makes my apartment smell Moss-a."

3. "And no farms. Everyone's pushing small town rural. A farm book would just be white noise."

4. "I'm packing your extra pair of shoes, and your angry eyes just in case."

5. "Is this toothbrush approved by the American Dental Association?"

6. "What would you do if you were stuck in one place and every day was exactly the same, and nothing that you did mattered?"

7. "If you fit into my pants I will kill myself."

8. "I been workin' here at the D.Q. for about, um... eight months? Seven? I don't know, somethin' like that, it's fun. Just do the cones... make sundaes, make Blizzards, 'n... put stuff on 'em, 'n... see a lot of people come in, a lot of people come to the D.Q... burgers... ice cream... anything, you know? Cokes... just drive in and get a Coke, if you're thirsty."

9. "Kids, we're gonna have to eat this cake by ourselves. Your Uncle Joey didn't make parole again."

10. "Oh, Fay, this is so scrumptious. Is this hand-shucked?"

11. "Before we begin tonight's performance I would like to make a brief announcement. I'd like to warn you that some of the floral arrangements at tonight's performance have dangerously low hanging vines and may be poisonous. So please, whatever you do, don't eat 'em and don't become entangled in them or trip, please."

12. "Ah, dessert! Chilled monkey brains."

13. "Oh, great. You killed the invisible swordsman!"

14. "P.Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney." I remembered it.

15. "But was this man tall, with great big brown puppy dog eyes and long silvery flowing hair?"

There you have it. This is pretty much a reflection of my eclectic movie tastes. I made it pretty easy, but, just a reminder, no Googling.

8 comments:

Nikki said...

1. Ferris Bueller's Day Off

2. You've Got Mail

3. Elf

4. ???

5. Home Alone

6. Groundhog Day

7. While You Were Sleeping

8. Waiting for Guffman

9. Back to the Future

10. What About Bob

11. A Mighty Wind

12. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

13. Three Amigos

14. Finding Nemo

15. Back to the Future Part III

Linda said...

Wow, I'm impressed. For your prize, I will give you a free Red Box rental coupon (that I got on my Diet Coke at McDonald's last night.)

Does anyone know what movie quote number 4 is from?

Katie Dugan said...

AHEM, numero cuatro is from TOY STORY, thankyouverymuch.

Linda said...

Toy Story what? 1 or 2?

Katie Dugan said...

Dos

Linda said...

Correctamundo, and you win a shiny, new quarter!

Scott said...

Ten.
What about Bob? I love that movie!!!

Holly

Linda said...

We have purchased several copies of "What About Bob" over the years. We loan it out and then forget who we loaned it! I want to live in that lake house.