Friday, January 09, 2009

Words I Dislike

Since I really don't feel like blogging about anything too meaningful right now like politics (very troubled about our soon to be president and possibly soon to be senator who is xeroxing ballots to get more votes), I thought I would start a new feature.

It's called "Words I Dislike". I will offer little or no explanation. I will just simply, on occasion, post words that I dislike.

Today's word is: Missional. I dislike the word "missional".

Thankyouverymuch. Have a nice day.

2 comments:

Crazy mom said...

Linda,
Is this a word that you hear often? Okay, I'm not even sure what the word means and it's not in my dictionary on the Mac. Help me out here. use it in a sentence for me...

Barb

Linda said...

Missional used in a sentence for Barb:

"We are a missional church."

Generally it means "we are on a mission" or something like that. It's an emergent word (which might explain why I don't like it)! The main reason I don't like it though is because it is a word that sounds really important, but basically means nothing!