Friday, September 15, 2006

Vote Early and Often

Katie and I went to vote in the primary on Tuesday.

She got all registered and then we went over to get our ballots. We walked over to the voting booth and I finished voting and picked up my ballot and much to my surprise found a ballot under it. At first I thought, "Oh, my, there are two ballots, what a big election!" Then, I realized that the election judge had given me TWO initialed ballots...so I voted a second time! No! I turned around and said to the ballot person, "You gave me two ballots!"

There was an awkward moment of silence as I handed her the extra ballot thus exposing her blunder.

The man at the door gave us an extra "I voted" sticker so my cousin Dianne from IL could proudly wear one as we walked in the door to our house where everyone else was gathered and visiting. And, as it turns out she could have voted, since I had the extra ballot!

1 comment:

The Colonel said...

You should have used the 2nd ballot for write-ins.

Some of the names I would use...

Gordon Shumway (Alf)
Joe Mauer
J.R. Cash
Aaron Cox (yeah we do that to him)