Friday, September 29, 2006

Semi-Homemade

This is Sandra Lee. (Wasn't she a singer back in the 60's, no, wait, that was Peggy Lee.)

She has a show on the Food Network.

I love the Food Network.

I hate Sandra Lee. Okay, I don't really hate her. God bless her.

But...

Her show is called "Semi-Homemade" or something like that and she is all about telling us how we can cook fancy schmancy things, but cut the prep time in half by using pre-made and pre-packaged ingredients. I'm with her on that. Sounds like a good idea.

However, a couple weeks ago, as we were discussing our favorite shows on The Food Network, the topic of Sandra Lee came up. My sister said, "Did you ever notice that shc changes her outfit and REDECORATES her kitchen based upon the items being prepared that day?" I said, "No, I hadn't noticed at all."

So, the next time I watched, sure enough, it was a Mexican theme and Sandra was wearing a brightly colored "Mexican" looking outfit and the kitchen had been decorated to match the theme and the dress.

So, I watched the next day. And, Sandra was wearing white and blue, and sure enough, the kitchen...everything in it from curtains to canisters was now white and blue.

And, I thought, what a waste of time. Here is a person trying to show you how you can save time by using prepared foods to get that homemade taste and she is obsessing each day about her kitchen colors and redecorating to match her menu. Wow, how stupid is that!

So, then I noticed an ad for the Fall season shows on The Food Network and when they did a close-up of Sandra Lee, she looked old and wrinkly...well, not as old and wrinkly as me, but older and more wrinkled than on her show. The next time I watched her show, I noticed the soft focus on everything!

Hmmmmm. I thought. I wonder how old Sandra Lee is. So, guess what I did? I googled.

I couldn't find her age on her web-page, but I came across a blog called "I Loathe Sandra Lee".

Here is the photo on that blog. That was my laugh for the day! But, I still don't know how old Sandra is. Guess I'll have to check wikipedia! In the meantime, I'm sticking with Rachel Ray.

No comments: