Monday, May 15, 2006

6-6-6

Oh, I need to mention this. On the way up to Bethel on Saturday morning for Katie's graduation (way to go, Katie!), we stopped by Starbucks. Two dark roasts and a mint mocha for the graduate came to $6.66.

I said, "Ewwww, 666," and a guy sitting near the window heard me.

He said, "Yeah, it's coming!"

I looked at him and thought, "Weirdo."

Then, he said, "It will happen next month, on the 6th."

And I thought, sure enough, we're 3 weeks away from 666.

June...6th month

the 6th day....

'06 the year....I guess that 06 is really just 6 if you think about it

So, start stockpiling tuna under your bed and fill up those 2 liter pop bottles....

5 comments:

Nikki said...

It's also the day that the next book in the Left Behind series, "The Rapture", releases.

I wish I could say I was kidding.

Linda said...

And, it's the day that the redo of the movie "The Omen" comes out.

pjpfau said...

It's also my twin neice and nephew's (Kate & Sam) 10th birthday-who were incidently, born at 6:26 PM on 6-6-96!

pjpfau said...

oops- I spelled "niece" wrong didn't I? I guess this blog/comment thing doesn't have Spell Check.

Linda said...

Yep, you must have been thinking "I before E except BEFORE C". A common mistake.