Monday, May 15, 2006

The List Continues...

#2 on my shopping list is prayer.

I am looking for a church that prays.

Bethlehem Baptist, thus far, has been the church that stood out in this area. I think a lot of the time prayer is brushed over because the idea is that if we "pray for every church need" the service would go too long. I say, forget the rest of the service and pray!

If someone in the church is sick....pray for them.

If someone in the church has died....pray for their family and friends.

If something big is happening in the country....pray for the leaders.

If you have sent out missionaries....pray for them.

Bethlehem, prayed specifically, outloud, during the service, by name for a wide variety of people. This was a good thing.

Okay, so now on my list I have:

1. Read the Bible
2. Pray

No comments: