Friday, May 19, 2006

Numbers 4 & 5

Today you get two for the price of one.

Numbers 4 and 5 on my church shopping list are....drum roll, please....

....at least on other person besides me and maybe some food.

Here's my list thus far, and it's almost complete.

1. Bible Reading
2. Prayer
3. Bible Teaching
4. At least one other person
5. Food...maybe

Here's my Biblical rationale for the list:

Acts 2:42 And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.


Acts 2:46, 47 And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.


Matthew 18: 20 For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.

1 comment:

terryd said...

It seems like (in Acts) just eating together doesn't it? It could/should include the Lord's Supper too perhaps?