Monday, July 24, 2006

What I Did on My Summer Vacation: Part Two


Day Four
Tuesday we had the honor of visiting with Ray and Kirk. Here Ray hands me a $1 billion bill (tract) to replace the $1 million bill tract that the FBI didn't approve of. I told him about my blogging about that and we had a good laugh together. Here's a photo of the good laugh.


Our family tradition is to always have a meal at the Hard Rock Cafe of the city we are visiting. So, Tuesday it was lunch at the HRC in Denver. I had the fajitas. I always order fajitas at the HRC.


Terry was dying to meet Kirk Cameron's mom, so we headed back to the convention floor to say hi and pick up an autographed copy of her new book A Full House of Growing Pains. Here's a photo of Kirk, his mom, and Terry.

Tuesday evening while Chris, Katie, Tim and Beth watched the All Star Game, and Nikki and Mark dined with friends, Terry and I walked the 16th Street Mall and spied on Jars of Clay who were eating at the outdoor restaurant of The Palms restaurant at The Westin in Denver (where we stayed).

Day Four
Wednesday morning we caught Barna's talk on trends in the church...be sure and pick up his new book Revolution. You'll either love it or hate it! Here's Mr. Barna and his power point.



Wednesday evening was our last evening together before Nikki and Mark headed back east and the rest of us journeyed on to the mountains so we celebrated with dinner at Casa Bonita. Where else can you find an all you can eat Mexican dinner surrounded by strolling musicians, dancing monkeys in costume, daring cliff divers, and splendid appointments...that's what it says on the menu and that's what you get. Here is a photo of Terry and me there.


Here is a photo of the gang dining among the splendid appointments.



Mark found the perfect hat in the gift shop there.



And, Chris got high score on the Ms. Pacman game. It only took him a half hour. Here is Chris and his high score.





Day Six

It was onward and upward to Estes park on Thursday for 5 days of hiking in the Rockies! Stay tuned...

5 comments:

Katie Dugan said...

"Tuesday evening while Chris, Katie, Tim and Beth watched the All Star Game, and Nikki and Mark dined with friends, Terry and I walked the 16th Street Mall and spied on Jars of Clay who were eating at the outdoor restaurant of The Palms restaurant at The Westin in Denver (where we stayed)."

Um..hello..it wasn't just you & dad walking...I was there too..remember...we went to Wallgreens & Chilis..& when we came back we saw Jars of Clay & the lead singer was on the phone..I feel so forgotten.

Linda said...

Oh, yes, I actually hadn't forgotten you...but you will remember that after picking up a toothbrush for me (I had forgotten one and didn't like the free one The Hampton had given me) at Walgreen's and bringing the Chili's take out baby back ribs back to the hotel for the baseball fans, dad and I left you there and set out again for a longer stroll down the 16th Street Mall to check out the nightlife and to figure out whether or not the Jars had ordered the $95 lobster dinner. It was too dark by then to see what they had ordered.

terryd said...

I was dying to meet Kirk Cameron's mom?

Linda said...

Yes, and now all your dreams are fulfilled...

Chris Dugan said...

Just look at that high score. And that's not even my personal best.

Man, I'm good.