Sunday, January 27, 2008

Friday Night at The Varsity

Friday night great nephew-in-law David had his CD release party
at The Varsity in Dinkytown.

It was THE place to be so, of course, we were there!
The Molines, Tachenys, Johnsons, and half of the Olsons
(the other half was getting ready to perform at his CD release party!) went to Vescio's

and Terry and I decided to crash their party.
They graciously invited us to sit at their table.
The last time I was at Vescio's was probably 1972.
Nothing had changed (except I am no longer 18!)
I forgot to document my manicotti with a photo.
You will have to settle for a photo of Vescio's bucket of rigs with a meatball and some cheesy garlic bread that we got at the Vescio's stand at this year's State Fair.
Yum-o!
While waiting for the show to start we chatted a bit in the lobby.
The last time I was at The Varsity, it was still a movie theatre.
A really, really old, decrepit, movie theatre.
The last movie I saw there was, I'm sorry to say, "A Star is Born".
Not the classic with Judy Garland, but the one with
Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson.
What is that thing Terry is sitting on?

Joel Hanson opened for David. How cool is that?
Here's a photo of Joel singing.
I began to reminisce and was reminded of one of my favorite PFR songs.
Goldie's Last Day.
I threatened to yell out a request.
Nikki said, "Mom, please don't."
So I didn't!
Instead, guess what I did. I purchased it!
Yep, my second i-Tunes purchase ever.
Here is a photo of Ali working the Merch table.
There is nothing particularly unique about Ali working the Merch table.
I just asked her to pose for me so I could type the words
"Merch table" on my blog!
Thanks, Ali!
David sang.
The place is reminiscent of the Logos Coffee House
(except
the old Logos didn't have to card people
and The Varsity
is much classier since they have a bigger budget
which is not to say that the Logos wasn't classy,
I thought it was really classy, especially the cute manager!).
They almost didn't let Shannon in cuz she forgot her ID and she's nearly 30.
Nobody asked to see my ID. Hmmmm.
For those of you who don't know what the Logos Coffee House is,
ask Terry sometime.
When we were first married, he was the manager of it.
It was THE place to be if you were a Christian in Mpls. in 1975
and wanted to hear live Christian music.

Here are some of us.
Shannon and Tim, Jeremy, Mindy, Katie, and Terry.
Shannon and Tim had their car stolen on Wednesday.
Tim was warming it up to take Delia to preschool and he saw a guy walking up the driveway.
He went out and the guy jumped in his car and shut the door.
Tim opened the door and said, "Get out of my car."
Instead the guy put it in reverse and took off!
Someone found it in the afternoon.
The door was buckled because it was open when the guy backed up
and he hit a snowbank or something.
I don't know why the photo is so foggy.
Either it's leftover fog from the fog machine or something is really wrong with my camera!
Anywho, it was a fun weekend and that was only Friday!

No comments: