Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Nightmare University

I have two recurring dreams that both involve my years at the U of MN back in the early 1970's.

I had them both last night.

The first is that it is the end of the semester, finals are coming up, and I realize that there is a class that I have completely forgotten to attend. (It is always a math class). I find myself wondering if I can redeem the missed classes, deciding I can't, realizing it's too late to drop the class, and wondering what this "F" will do to my GPA.

The other dream is that I am back at good old Comstock Hall and I have forgotten to get my mail all semester so my mailbox is packed with old letters.

Anyone care to interpret?

7 comments:

The Colonel said...

Well, I'm no Joseph but I'll give it a shot.

I've had similar dreams, actually so similar it's scary.
I can recall three for sure that are eerily close to your dreams.

They all have to do with wandering around my old high school and I somehow come to realize that there's a class I haven't attended all semester and finals are coming up and I know if I fail I won't have enough credits to graduate and I spend my whole dream wandering the halls trying to find a way to solve my problem with no luck. I usually wake up and realize that I graduated high school a while ago and I'm ok but still, it's kind of scary for a minute there.

The best interpretation I've come up with is that it's my fear of having my weaknesses or shortcomings exposed and thus actually affecting life outside of my head.

Linda said...

That would be a most reasonable explanation IF I had any weaknesses or shortcomings. :-)

Nikki said...

My recurring dream...to put it politely... has something to do with toilets with no stalls and the horrible realization as one is using it that it is in a very public location.

Nikki said...

I also have a recurring dream that I'm supposed to go work at camp and am on my way to catch the bus - but forgot to pack.

Linda said...

Obviously, the toilet dream indicates you have a phobia about people seeing you as you really are. :-)

I've had the packing dream in reverse. In fact, I just had that one recently. Our whole family is staying at a hotel and we have to catch a plane that is taking off in 15 minutes, plus check-out time was noon and we are well past that and there are clothes scattered and unpacked all over the hotel room.

prairierose said...

I think it means you are resistant to using agendas.

Diane Dahlen said...

I sense you have a fear of the "F" word: (?) 1) Failing at anything in life and 2) being too Full - that is becoming gluttonous, sybolized by your stuffed mailbox