Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

I have had various New Year's resolutions over the years.

There was the year that I vowed that I would accessorize more.

Then, there was the year that I vowed that I wouldn't use the generic word "Kippy" as the name of any male that I was mentioning whose name I couldn't remember.

I have vowed not to say, "Oh, booger" when things don't go well.

This year's resolution to not scream for little events (small things like when I drop my gloves and I scream) has been broken twice this afternoon and it's only the 2nd.

I was thrilled to discover niece Michelle's wonderful and doable list of resolutions. I think maybe I can handle them.

So, in that spirit, I resolve this year to sometimes when I feel like it remember to not scream when I drop my gloves or for other minor incidents.

I also vow, that I will try when I feel like it to remember the items on Michelle's list and sometimes do them if I want to.

Go here for Michelle's list.

Oh, and don't forget Michelle's motto for making resolutions:

"Keep it simple, keep it vague, keep it low-key, keep it mediocre."

Which, essentially, are my goals for all of life.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

After reading your new year's resolutions I almost got over-inspired again, the no-screaming-over-minor-things would be much appreciated by my hubby, but who am I fooling, I can't do anything based on over-inspiration. So I am with you, "when I feel like..."

Anonymous said...

isn't Michelle great!