Thursday, April 17, 2008

All I Need

For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness." Romans 4:3

I was reading some Psalms the other day about all the things that God would do for the "righteous" and had the thought, "If only I was righteous," and then, this morning, I was reading something online (yeah, it was at desiringgod.com) and it quoted the above verse and made the point that no matter how hard we try, we can't be deserving of God's love. We can't be righteous on our own. It's not something that we can be, hard as we might try. What we can do is believe God and in his economy, that counts as righteousness.

Faith is credited to our account as righteousness.

And, that is a very good thing.

Now, all I need is faith!

No comments: