Saturday, September 27, 2008

Note to Obama

This is the line that bothered me the most during the debate last night.
Barack said:
“The problem with a spending freeze is you're using a hatchet where you need a scalpel. There are some programs that are very important that are under-funded. I want to increase early childhood education....”

Hey Barack, we need the hatchet. There will be time later for the scalpel.

Hey Barack, we don't need more (or any if you ask me) funding for "early childhood education".

3 comments:

Teacher/Mom said...

Okay, so I didn't see the debate because someone gave us free tickets to see Fireproof (GO SEE IT!), but I did video tape it. Should I watch it, or just wait until the next one?

Linda said...

Hmmm, should you watch it. Well, mostly it was a "yawner."

I usually worry about my candidate looking unpresidential and watch the debates with a knot in my stomach. I didn't have a knot this time, so that must mean I thought McCain was doing just fine!

So, if you have some time watch it. McCain was his best toward the end. Maybe the last half hour or so, he left Obama in the dust.

Holly said...

I thought McCain did a great job. I was REALLY nervous, but then I agree he really took off.

Also, I know what you mean about Early Childhood funding. I thought the same thing, and I'm pretty liberal on a lot of fronts. But anything to do with babies, moms, and school I'm way conservative!

Anyway, I like your Aesop's post too!