Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Random Thoughts on the Morning After the Sky Fell

Last night, according to all the news channels, the sky fell.

So, I thought I would offer a few random thoughts the morning after.
  • Sometimes, I get the feeling that the press and politicians are turning this into more of a crisis than it really is.
  • Does anyone else think it is sort of encouraging that the House of Representatives actually represented the people yesterday?
  • Which reminds me of some Mark Twain quotes: "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while Congress is in session", and "The only difference between the taxidermist and the tax man is that the taxidermist leaves the skin."
  • Mr. D and I went to the bank this morning to move a couple IRAs to a more secure place. I asked the banker about loans, since all we hear on the T and V set is that the money is tightening up and soon all business everywhere will have no cash flow and no houses will be purchased ever again and all retirement accounts will have a 0 balance and no one will have a job. She said they are still closing loans, but they are getting more difficult. For example, they no longer do 80/20 loans. Having no idea what an 80/20 loan was, she explained that people take out two loans. They borrow the down payment of 20%. What in the world? Who knew you could do that? She said loans are still being closed for qualified buyers and businesses.
  • I don't get how people think that Obama can help this mess.
  • I think that the liberal press is really mean to Sarah Palin and I don't much care for Tina Fey or Katie Couric.
  • Frank, Dodd, Pelosi=hubris
  • I see that tomorrow night, one of McCain's fellow POWs will be at the Eden Prairie McCain Office working the phone banks and meeting people. I'd go if I didn't already have other plans.
  • Fall is beautiful. I love the colorful leaves against the bright blue sky.
  • The thief comes to kill and steal and destroy, but God takes care of me and He is always loving and faithful to all who call on His name.

No comments: