Friday, August 31, 2007

1952 Vincent Black Lightning

We saw The Del McCoury Band with Vince Gill at the State Fair. Here's one of their big numbers.

Favorite lines:
"Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme"

"shotgun blast left nothing inside" followed by "when she came to the hospital, there wasn't much left"

and finally,

"there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and a red headed girl."

The song isn't 9 minutes long. This is a "twofer". The Vincent song is followed by "Get Down on Your Knees and Pray" and then a short interview with Vince.

Should I be worried that Mr. D in recent days has pulled out the banjo that someone gave him a few years back?

He leaned over to me at the concert and said, "If I practice real hard, this is the best I can hope for!"

I love it when they all share one microphone, which they did, I think, for every song at the concert. It was like stepping into the movie "Brother Where Art Thou", which, by the way, I never understood.


No comments: