Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Quote of the Day

After a few hours of looking at bills and Blue Cross Statements, and also reviewing checks totaling $5,655.00 that we had written to cover my January wrist adventure, Mr. D and I couldn't figure out why we were still being billed for over $400 when our yearly deductible is $5,700 (bless their hearts, they raised the deductible from $5,250 to $5,700 on April 1st).

Finally, after looking at a maze of numbers on several printouts from BCBS, I realized that the very first Fairview bill we had paid in full in February for $1,126.00 (emergency room facility charge) had been for some inexplicable reason resubmitted 4 months after being paid in full.

BCBS had for some inexplicable reason sent them $405 on July 2.

Fairview for some inexplicable reason failed to notify us that we had a $405 credit with them.

I called their business office and was told by the Stepford bookkeeper in a monotone voice that a refund was in the "self credit queue". I said, "The self credit queue?" (I hate when Stepford people use their "Stepford" lingo).

I said, "Why didn't you notify me in a statement that I had a credit coming?"

She said in her Stepford monotone, "Ma'am, I am just doing my job."

I said, "When will I get my check?"

She said, "Four to six weeks."

I said, "Four to six weeks?!!!!"

She said and here's the quote of the day, "WE ARE JUST WAITING TO GET TO IT."

I said, "Just waiting to get to it? What would you think if I looked the bills you sent me last February and gave you a call and said, "You know, I will pay this in 4 to 6 weeks, I'm just waiting to get to it?"

No response.

So, I'm thinking that we should all try the "just waiting to get to it" line and see if it works for us. It is working well at the Fairview Gulag.

Can you imagine what will happen if Hillary or Obama get in charge of health care? Please, I beg you, don't vote for them, it's bad enough already.

1 comment:

The Colonel said...

It's funny how we're one of, if not the richest and fastest moving countries and yet health care is in the state it's in.

It's like car insurance, it's too expensive and it goes up when you use it and takes an inexplicable (to use your word) amount of time, energy and paperwork to get what you need.